9/09/2017

Mon Coeur for Creative Embellishments

Good morning everyone, as you will see, I am still enjoying scrapping beach themed pages. Again today, another picture from our Virginia Beach vacations that dates back 15 years ago or so.


Starting point for this page was using a stencil with a mixture of Lindy's Magicals Caribbean Blue and hard molding paste.

The second step is to add with a paint brush a layer of Lindy's magical diluted in water, I used the same one Caribbean Blue. Then once your base coat is dry, I make splatters with the same color. Once that is dry I use complimentary colors that I add splatters again, the second color was Hydrangea Blue spray from Lindy's.
Once your background is dry, then you start building your layers of paper. I wanted to included a chipboard frame in my layer. I chose a colors that was close to the background colors of my paper :Café au Lait from Lindy's embossing powder to heat emboss my grunge circle frame and I love this color because you can emboss your chipboard directly, no need to add white gesso on your chipboard first.


To add extra texture to my page, I included blue straw, a piece of fishnet and twine. My flowers are stamps that I water colored using the same blue as my background.

Last and final step was to splatter diluted white Gesso. I use a fan type paintbrush when I splatter my white gesso.

Products used on this page:



I hope you enjoyed my set-by-step, feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Wishing all of you a wonderful crafty day !

Other products used:

  • Paper: 7 Dots Studio Hazy Days collection
  • Cuts2luv flair
  • Stamp set by Les Atelier de Karine
  • Lindy's  Magical (Caribbean Blue)
  • Lindy's Spray (Hydrangea blue)
  • Lindy's Embossing (Café au lait)
  • 13@arts Straw
  • Fishnet and twine
  • Hard molding paste, Clear and White Gesso from Finnabair





No comments: